A date for the primary election has been set to fill the State House District 100 seat left vacant by the recent death of Rep. David Umphlett Jr. The primary election for the seat is set for August 9.
The election will be based on the current lines, although those boundaries are subject to change with the Legislature’s redrawing of legislative and congressional districts.
- Noon, June 17 – Filing opens
- Noon, June 27 – Filing closes
- July 9 – Last day to register to vote in Primary
- August 9 – Primary (if necessary)
- August 23 – Primary runoff (if necessary)
- August 27 – Last day to register to vote in special election
- September 27 – Special election
Umphlett had served in the House since 2003. He was 69 and had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.