Upstate media outlets are reporting that a dormitory on the campus of Limestone College in Gaffney was evacuated Thursday morning after students were exposed to carbon monoxide. Dispatchers say that the health center notified security of the exposure after three young women came in with elevated carbon monoxide levels. Gaffney firefighters said a few students had elevated levels of carbon monoxide and were taken to the hospital, but their levels were minor. The dorm was evacuated as a precaution.
After performing a sweep of New Residence Hall for carbon monoxide, firefighters said everything was safe and there was no problem in the dorm. Dispatchers said the emergency crews had cleared the scene by 6:30 a.m. Firefighters said they do not know what caused the elevated levels in the effected students.