Anson Restaurant in downtown Charleston did not have the Christmas day the staff had been working toward.
The restaurant experienced a fire Christmas Eve afternoon and was not able to serve Christmas day diners as planned.
At this time, management is not sure when the restaurant will be able to reopen.
The fire is under investigation but there is early speculation that grease may have ignited in the kitchen. The fire reportedly spread to an office and then to the roof.
Sheree Bernardi contributed to this report.